Since 1944 AD Construction Group has rapidly expanded the services it offers, in line with its client base and reputation. As a well-regarded refurbishment contractor AD provide building maintenance services within the public sector, predominantly to local authority housing associations. Working as a close-knit team the organisation has successfully proven time and time again its ability to be a serious competitor in the construction industry.
With working hours being only weekdays, and having Christmas and bank holidays off, AD allows for a great work and family life balance.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Buyer to join our team in Sidcup.
- Purchasing: liaise with goods and service providers, and ensure that company financial procedures are adhered to when raising orders
- Store Commodities: make recommendations for additions and deletions of items that are stocked
- Ensure items are effectively recorded on registers
- Provide advice and guidance in respect of purchasing procedure
- Provide good, clear, precise communication on all aspects of the service provided
- Experience as a buyer, or within a construction company (desirable)
- Good at both written and verbal communication
- IT skills and knowledge would be beneficial
- Flexible approach to his/her duties
- Keen learner
- Willingness to provide assistance to other team members
- General numerical competence
- A minimum of grade C or equivalent in Maths and English
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 5am
- Holidays plus bank holidays and Christmas off
- No travelling required
- Salary - £14,210 - £22,000 (based on experience)
To apply please send your CV.
All applicants are assessed in line with the Equal Opportunities Regulations and Data Protection Regulations