Since 1944 AD Construction Group has rapidly expanded the services it offers, in line with its client base and reputation. As a well-regarded refurbishment contractor AD provide building maintenance services within the public sector, predominantly to local authorities and housing associations. Working as a close knit team the organisation has successfully proven time and time again its ability to be a serious competitor in the construction industry.
We are looking for an individual with experience of bid writing at a senior level who ideally, also has experience of managing the bid function. You will lead a small team of 2 bid writers and an assistant, reporting to and working with the Head of New Business. This is a new position created to further develop the department to manage increasing workloads whilst maintaining ongoing success.
This role would suit those looking to develop their career in bid management or someone experienced who is considering reducing their hours.
We would consider applicants on a part-time basis if they were confident they could undertake their duties in full within their contracted hours. Flexible working will be considered.
- Responsible for the timely planning, management and completion of selection questionnaires and tender submissions through the various stages of the procurement process.
- Manage multiple deadlines.
- Read and review all associated client documentation provided with bid.
- Research and write information to support bids.
- Establish an excellent knowledge of the company’s experience, activities and USPs.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the bid library.
- Ensure accurate and up to date information is used in all submitted documents.
- Reviewing bid submissions for quality and accuracy.
- Manage feedback in line with department processes.
- Create / assist with PowerPoint presentations.
- Research and compose case studies.
- Attend bidder conferences and dialogue sessions as required.
- Provide administrative support as required.
- Any other reasonable management request.
Skills & Experience
- A level in English or similar writing-based subject (A-C grade).
- Significant bid writing & tender management experience.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Excellent literacy skills with a flair for creative writing.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, able to deal with conflicting priorities.
- Able to work in a busy, fast-moving environment.
- Works well independently and is self-motivated.
- Able to work flexibly and to tight timescales, some longer hours (in lieu).
- Ability to fully engage with all levels of employees.
- Experience working with a Main Contractor.
- Experience of Social Housing and Local Authority clients.
- Preferably educated to degree standard or someone with Business Administration qualifications.
Location: Office based at Head Office (Sidcup DA14). Will be expect to visit all sites when necessary
Hours: 8am – 5pm / TBC Starting
Salary: £40K + (dependant on experience)
Initial probationary period of 6 months
As part of the interview process you will be required to complete an aptitude test.
All applications are assessed in line with Equal Opportunities Regulations and held in line with Data Protection Regulations.