Since 1944 AD Construction Group has rapidly expanded the services it offers, in line with its client base and reputation. As a well-regarded refurbishment contractor AD provide building maintenance services within the public sector, predominantly to local authority housing associations. Working as a close knit team the organisation has successfully proven time and time again its ability to be a serious competitor in the construction industry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced bid writer to join our small team who can take responsibility for successfully completing PQQs, tender proposals and quality submissions - working alongside the bid team, reporting to the Head of New Business and collaborating with the commercial and operational areas of the business. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress into a more senior bid writing role in the medium to long term.
- Responsible for the timely planning, management and completion of selection questionnaires and tender submissions through the various stages of the procurement process
- Manage multiple deadlines
- Read and review all associated client documentation provided with bid
- Research and write information to support bids
- Establish an excellent knowledge of the company’s experience, activities and USPs
- Assist with development and maintenance of library of responses
- Ensure accurate and up to date information is used in all submitted documents
- Reviewing bid submissions for quality and accuracy
- Manage feedback in line with department processes
- Create / assist with PowerPoint presentations
- Research and compose case studies
- Attend bidder conferences and dialogue sessions as required
- Provide administrative support as required
- Any other reasonable management request
Skills & Experience
- A level (or equivalent) in English A-C grade
- Significant bid writing & tender management experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent literacy skills with a flair for creative writing
- High levels of attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, able to deal with conflicting priorities
- Able to work in a busy, fast-moving environment
- Works well independently and is self-motivated
- Able to work flexibly and to tight timescales, some longer hours (in lieu)
- Ability to fully engage with all levels of employees
- Experience working with a Main Contractor
- Experience of Social Housing and Local Authority clients
- Preferably educated to degree standard or someone with Business Administration qualifications
Location: Office Based at Head Office (Sidcup DA14) occasional site visits
Hours: 8am - 5pm
Starting Salary: £35,000 per annum
Initial probationary period of 6 months
As part of the interview process you will be required to complete a short aptitude test.
If you would like to apply for the position please send your CV and a covering letter.
All applications are assessed in line with Equal Opportunities Regulations and held in line with Data Protection Regulations.