Since 1944 AD Construction Group has rapidly expanded the services it offers, in line with its client base and reputation. As a well-regarded refurbishment contractor AD provide building maintenance services within the public sector, predominantly to local authority housing associations. Working as a close knit team the organisation has successfully proven time and time again its ability to be a serious competitor in the construction industry.
Description of Role
The Foreperson needs to plan and supervise the day-to-day activities at site level, and ensure that work is carried out in a safe manner in compliance with all H&S legislation.
We are currently looking for a Foreperson, to be working in Camden.
After completion of current projects, you would continue on any of our other projects. Most contracts cover London and the South East of England, however the areas covered can be vast and may at times include locations reaching Gloucester and the Midlands.
Because of this driving is a fundamental part of the role. Please do not apply unless you have a full valid driver’s licence, and are willing to undertake distances to and from site, and between sites.
We are looking for a candidate who is a good team player, but is able to use their own initiative where required.
A hard worker with a friendly, easy going nature, who is able to build a rapport with site staff and the team.
The confidence to manage people and tackle problems as and when they arise.
Essential Skills & Experience
- FRA experience - fire stopping & fire door installations
- Experience or background in decorating and managing cyclical redecoration and repair programmes
- A confident, can do attitude
- Experience of managing a team of trade staff across multiple sites and locations
- Good working knowledge of varied trades
- Experience in a similar role will be highly beneficial
- An awareness of cost control
- A flexible approach to the role
- The ability to work alone and report back to management where necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to establish good working relationships with clients, the public and subcontractors
- An excellent understanding of Health and Safety
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise workload
- CSCS card holder
- Basic computer skills
- Scaffold Inspection - Training can be provided
- First Aid - Training can be provided
- PASMA training
- Basic scaffold inspection
A DBS check will be required.
A company van and mobile phone will be provided (only those over 25 can be added to our company insurance, if you do not meet this criteria you will need to provide your own vehicle)
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 17:00pm
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 dependant on experience and qualifications.
When applying please send over your full CV.
All applications are assessed in line with Equal Opportunities Regulations and held in line with Data Protection Regulation for more information please see our website www.theadgroup.co.uk