Since 1944 AD Construction Group has rapidly expanded the services it offers, in line with its client base and reputation. As a well-regarded refurbishment contractor, AD provide building maintenance services within the public sector, predominantly to local authority housing associations. Working as a close-knit team the organisation has successfully proven time and time again its ability to be a serious competitor in the construction industry.
With working hours being only weekdays, and having Christmas and bank holidays off, AD allows for a great work and family life balance.
The Department and Team
You will be a key member of the New Business and Marketing Team, working closely 2 Bid Writers and the Bid Manager, also the Head of Marketing and Communications, reporting ultimately to the Head of New Business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident, and organised individual who will work well in both their small team and with colleagues of all levels across the business. Good communication, organisational skills, time management and attention to detail are critical for the administrative duties required for this role, helping to ensure bids are returned complete and on time. Full training and support will be provided. The role is varied and will also include events organising and marketing and communications support.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in administration with a focus on new business and marketing, within the construction industry with a successful and respected contractor.
- Administrating tender portals and new job alerts
- Administration of team calendar and inbox
- Co-ordinating the allocation and completion of tasks for the bid team
- Administration of CRM database (update clients and tender information)
- Liaising with business support units for collation of data to support bid submissions
- Assist with completion of company information for bid submissions/applications for accreditations etc
- Ensuring tasks are completed in line with set deadlines
- Create/assist with powerpoint presentations
- Create/assist with case studies
- Assist in organising company events
- Attending events as required
- Answering phone calls
- Provide admin support to the marketing/bid team and wider business as required
- GCSE in English Language and Maths at Grade C/4 (or equivalent)
- Competent IT skills, proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Enthusiastic and ambitious
- High levels of attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, able to prioritise
- Able to work in a busy, fast-moving environment
- Works well independently and is self-motivated
- Ability to fully engage with all levels of employees
- Experience working in a similar role
Location: Head Office (Sidcup DA14), occasional project site visits
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (1hour for lunch)
Salary: £14,000 - £20,000
Some travel may be required (travel expenses are paid)
Probation period of 6 months
All applications are assessed in line with Equal Opportunities Regulations and held in line with Data Protection Regulations