Since 1944 AD Construction Group has rapidly expanded the services it offers, in line with its client base and reputation. As a well-regarded refurbishment contractor AD provide building maintenance services within the public sector, predominantly to local authority housing associations. Working as a close knit team the organisation has successfully proven time and time again its ability to be a serious competitor in the construction industry.
Description of Role:
The Site Manager needs to plan and supervise the day-to-day activities at site level and ensure that work is carried out in a safe manner in compliance with all H&S legislation.
We are currently looking for a Site Manager, to be working in Islington.
After completion of current projects, you would continue on any of our other projects. Most contracts cover London and the South East of England, however the areas covered can be vast and may at times include locations reaching Gloucester and the Midlands.
Because of this driving is a fundamental part of the role. Please do not apply unless you have a full valid driver’s licence and are willing to undertake distances to and from site, and between sites.
· We are looking for a candidate who is a good team player, but is able to use their own initiative where required.
· A hard worker with a friendly, easy going nature, who is able to build a rapport with site staff and the team.
· The confidence to manage people and tackle problems as and when they arise.
Essential Skills & Experience:
· 5 + years experience in site management
· Must have a trade background
· A confident, can do attitude
· Experience of managing a team of trade staff across multiple sites and locations
· Excellent working knowledge of varied trades
· An awareness of cost control
· A flexible approach to the role
· The ability to work alone and report back to management where necessary
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to establish good working relationships with clients, the public and subcontractors
· An excellent understanding of Health and Safety
· Ability to manage own time and prioritise workload
· CSCS card holder
· Basic computer skills
· Scaffold Inspection - Training can be provided
· First Aid - Training can be provided
· IPAF training
· PASMA training
· Basic scaffold inspection
Site Manager Salary and Package:
· Salary £38,000 - £40,000 per annum dependant on experience and qualifications.
· Company van (tracked) and fuel card for business use
· Mobile phone for business use
· Company branded uniform and relevant PPE
· A DBS check will be required.
All applications are assessed in line with Equal Opportunities Regulations and held in line with Data Protection Regulations.