Since 1944 AD Construction Group has rapidly expanded the services it offers, in line with its client base and reputation. As a well-regarded refurbishment contractor AD provide building maintenance services within the public sector, predominantly to local authority housing associations. Working as a close knit team the organisation has successfully proven time and time again its ability to be a serious competitor in the construction industry.
An experienced Supervisor is required to join a busy team covering projects across Islington, ranging from external repairs, windows, redecoration, brickwork, roof repairs, etc.
The successful applicant will need to oversee project activities across multiple sites and ensure that staff, both directly employed and subcontractors, are carrying out works in a safe and productive manner in order to achieve project completions and handovers.
The Supervisors will split their time between the Head Office in Sidcup and visiting various sites across Islington.
All candidates will require a Full UK driving licence (manual) as driving is necessary to cover all sites.
We are looking for a candidate who is able to effectively manage multiple sites, supervising and organising so that work is carried out to the required standards with minimum risk to employees, contractors, the public, equipment and in accordance with the requirements of the clients specification and the sire health and safety plan. The ideal candidate will have the confidence and knowledge to manage people and tackle any issues if they arise.
- Regularly inspect works on site and confirm that they meet required standards and programme requirements. Identify issues and discuss solutions with team members, issuing corrective actions where necessary. Report back to contract manager any variance to standards or scheduling so that action can be taken.
- Supervise and monitor staff ensuring suitable performance targets are met and performing 6 monthly appraisals.
- Ensure team wide compliance with company policies and procedures, carrying out formal meetings to rectify behaviour where necessary.
- Source subcontractors where necessary to ensure effective resources are available to complete works.
- Comply with CDM requirements where they apply to works activities undertaken. Ensure statutory requirements are met - Risk assessments, control measures, training, PPE etc.
- Ensure site safety inspections are carried out and recorded to confirm compliance. Bring non-compliant areas to the attention of contract manager and H&S department.
- Ensure that on completion of works all documentation is available for the contract manager.
- Ensure additional works are efficiently recorded in contract instruction documents, and submitted of client authorisation.
- Ensure additional works are efficiently recorded in contract instruction documents, and submitted for client authorisation.
- Ensure all company financial procedures are adhered to with respect of agreeing labour costs, rates for additional works and authorising payment sheets etc. Ensuring that rates negotiated risk assessments and methods statements.
- Maintain accurate filing and record systems, ensuring all records are clear and precise, providing updates to management when required.
- On Completion of works assist in creation of creation of quality assessment of works detailing, subcontractor performance, evaluation financial performance and review of health and safety file for compliance.
- Undertake and complete any necessary training courses to aid the job role.
Skills & ExperienceEssential
- Experience in a site supervisor role
- Experience of managing a team of trade staff
- Good working knowledge of varied trades
- An understanding of cost control
- The ability to work under own initiative reporting back to management where necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- A confident, can do attitude
- Ability to establish good working relationships with clients, the public and subcontractors
- An excellent understanding of Health and Safety
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise workload
- CSCS card Holder
- Good Computer Skills - Microsoft
- Scaffold inspection
- First Aid
- Asbestos Awareness
A Company phone will be provided. You will be offered the use of a company vehicle (if over 25) or provided a car allowance for use of own vehicle.
A DBS Check will be required.
Hours: 8am - 5pm
Initial probationary period of 6 months