An opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join us here at AD, working alongside a Quantity Surveyor in our busy project delivery department.
The position is a great entry level position into the business and involves assisting the Quantity Surveyor with all aspects of managing live contracts and submitting new tenders. The successful candidate will initially work 4 days per week and attend college on day release to study a HNC in Quantity Surveying. All training costs are funded by the business.
Alternatively if you have already completed or are undertaking a HNC or HND in a similar area please continue to submit your application.
The successful candidate will gain knowledge and experience in the following:
· Controlling and capturing costs
· Processing of Subcontractor orders
· Review and processing of subcontractor applications for payment
· Maintaining accurate cost and value records for the works, to present to management and support applications to the client
· An understanding of the contract and its application
· Ability to conduct effective negotiations with both the Client and Subcontractors
· An understanding of the principles of measurement of work items
· Experience of tender and procurement processes
· Experience of a variety of scheme works up to a value of £2m
· An understanding of health and safety requirements and documents
· Full manual driving Licence
· Good communication skills
· Fully computer literate with experience of using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
· Ability to use initiative and work without supervision at times.
· Confident and able to build a rapport with clients and colleagues alike
· A DBS check will be required
· Hours - Monday to Friday 8:00am to 17:00pm
· Salary: £14,000- £20,000
To apply please send your CV and a short cover letter - please ensure your school grades are included in your CV for consideration