Since 1944 AD Construction Group has rapidly expanded the services it offers, in line with its client base and reputation. As a well-regarded refurbishment contractor AD provide building maintenance services within the public sector, predominantly to local authorities and housing associations. Working as a close-knit team with a commitment to developing our staff, the organisation has successfully proven time and time again its ability to be a serious competitor in the construction industry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic graduate with a passion for creative writing to join AD as a trainee bid writer to complete PQQs, tender proposals and quality submissions to assure the best possible chance of securing new business. You will be working closely with the bid team, reporting to the Head of New Business and collaborating with the commercial and operational teams to develop your knowledge of our business and the wider sector to create business winning documentation. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in bid writing within the construction industry with a successful and respected contractor.
- Work with the team to plan, manage and complete selection questionnaires and tender submissions.
- Manage multiple deadlines.
- Read and review all associated client documentation provided with bid.
- Research and develop your knowledge of our company’s activities, experience, procedures and USPs (unique selling points).
- Research and write specific information to support bids.
- Assist with development and maintenance of bid library of responses.
- Reviewing bid submissions for quality and accuracy.
- Create / assist with PowerPoint presentations.
- Research and compose case studies.
- Attend bidder conferences and dialogue sessions as required.
- Provide administrative support as required.
Skills & Experience
- Degree educated in English or equivalent writing-based subject.
- Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong IT skills, proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Show high levels of commitment and initiative to ensure winning submissions.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, able to deal with conflicting priorities.
- Able to work in a busy, fast-moving environment.
- Works well independently and is self-motivated.
- Able to work flexibly and to tight timescales, some longer hours (in lieu).
- Ability to fully engage with all levels of employees.
- Experience working with a Main Contractor.
- Experience of Social Housing and Local Authority clients.
Location: Office based at Head Office (Sidcup DA14). Will be expect to visit all sites when necessary.
Hours: 8am – 5pm Starting
Some travel may be required for the purpose of client meetings (travel expenses are paid)
Initial probationary period of 6 months
As part of the interview process you will be required to complete an aptitude test.
All applications are assessed in line with Equal Opportunities Regulations and held in line with Data Protection Regulations.